09/19/18 National Coalition of 100 Black Women Forum Videos
Thank you to the National Coalition of 100 Black Women RMAC at Virginia Union University for hosting a Candidate Forum to give Joe an opportunity to present his candidacy.
There are 11 videos below covering:
1. Economic trends, poverty, education, separate but equal, families should be able to choose Pre-K or Senior year with work/vocational training instead
2. Support for FOFSA/SESTA and ensuring civil liberties
3. @just_shelter‘s Evicted about the housing problem in Richmond (thanks to @victortanchen and @CPPatVCU!)
4. Legislative sabotage, the ACA, and constituent services in #va07
5. The differences between himself, @DaveBratVA7th and @SpanbergerVA07 (good candidate, too liberal for #va07!)
6. Why #va07 should vote for Joe – Background, Knowledge, Commitment!
7. Unequivocally supporting veterans and helping future veterans by judiciously starting wars – Iraq vs. Afghanistan
8. Social Security (Joe is opposed to privatization), Social Security income cap and means testing oxymoron
9. Higher education and its cost(s)
10. Healthcare and the ACA
11. Responsible gun ownership
Joe for Virginia
Joe Walton is a candidate for Virginia’s 7th Congressional District and former Chair of the Powhatan County Board of Supervisors with a record of accountable and effective leadership in central Virginia. He is a sensible centrist with a genuine interest in working with constituents, leaders across the state, and federal peers to solve problems in Washington. He believes in and advocates for socially inclusive and fiscally responsible approaches to public policy. He holds a Master of Public Administration degree and is a Ph.D. student in Public Policy at VCU’s L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs.